The MobilityWOD overview page is here
76/ World Rowing Champs Need Thoracic Mobility Too
- Test: Overhead squat
- Mwod: Pain peom
- Retest: OH squat
78/ Un-impinge yourself from mental slavery
- The basic rule: To improve flexion, mobilize to the back of the joint!
80/ Best Shoulder Mob Ever
- MWod: Collect 2-3 minutes for all three mobs each side.
- 0:30 external rotation
- 1:20 test/retest: rack
- 1:40 exc 1: distract arm with band; load with kettlebell; lock elbow; externally rotate (complicated)
- 3:40 exc 2: external rotation with pulling arm back with band overhead
- 4:20 exc 3: roll around ball on back (below scapula); wind up with arm
81/ Benching Global (Extension)
82/ protect your scrotch or medial hamstring fun
Tags: #hamstring, #squat, #deadlift
- But do cultivate 5 min of messing around on each leg. Try to squat and deadlift before and after. Noticing anything?
- 0:15 mobilisation = conjugate system; keep changing
- 0:40 sympathetic sweat
- 1:00 exc 1: roll bar over adductors
- 2:00 exc 1a: stretch
- 3:20 exc 2: roll hamstring with bar on power rack
- 4:00 exc 3: same with lacross ball
- 4:40 exc 2a: roll on bar
- 5:10 exc 4: glue & ball; contract/relax
- 5:40 laminating those fibers by sitting on it
83/ Think of Your Hips and Shoulders As One joint
Tags: #shoulder, #hip
86/ New Shoulder Mob Zulu: First Rib Love
- Try and collect 5 min messing around with each arm. Then, retest your shoulder, overhead or in a push up position.
87/ Clearing Hip Impingement 2
88/ Desk Athlete Hip Rescue
Test/Retest: Squat and straight jump (feet together air born position like a double under).
89/ Bro, Your Internal Rotation is Lacking
Tags: #shoulder, #internalrotation
MWod: Find out your shoulder IR. Test and retest with the high pull or ring dip. Get a partner and test them. Then, suffer.
90/ 10 min squat # 3
Tags: #squat, #paleochair
The goal is simple, collect 10 minutest working on the bottom of your squat.
- 0:20 lack of ROM
- 0:40 baseline
- 0:45 no internal rotation
- 1:30 arch
- 2:00 variation with bar (super-stars only)
- 2:10 press back, meniscus saver
- 2:30 dont leave knees out and forward
- 2:40 legs out
- 2:55 rotation
- 3:15 pelvis rotation / nutation
- 3:50 feet together
91/ The other side of death by sitting
92/ Mile High Club Hips
94/ Bench as Shoulder ER Torque Trainer
Tags: #shoulder, #externalrotation
95/ The Lower Extremity Basic List
97/ Hip Mobilty For Improved Squatting Tomorrow
Tags: #hip, #squat
98/ Basic Upper Body Mobility List
99/ Solving front rack problems
- Test:Retest: Can you think critically about how to improve your front rack positioning? What pieces are limiting you from that 400lb front squat?
100/ Quads or Spine? Quads!