Please download the latest version of that Guide here. I have added some terminology and – more importantly – included some more programs.
It’s that time of the week again. Here my favorite reads of the week. This does not mean of course that they have just come out this week – it might also mean that I have been slow finding them. Enjoy.
- Chris Kresser on Diabetes and inflammation
- JP’s warm-up routines
- Agave nectars VS HFCS on PaleoHacks
- Rip, Wendler, Steele on tendonitis & muscle tears and training through injuries
- Paleo community survey
- Mehdi explains how to avoid lower back pain on deadlifts
- David Csonka on Barefoot Running and Evolution
- Mark Sisson on Low tech tools for Primal living
- How to become a diabetic (in 5 easy steps) by Dr William Davis
- Why Gluten-Free is often worse than Gluten by HeartScan
- Insulin response to dairy by HeartScan
- The One-Lift-A-Day program by Dan John ht grmble
- Scary video on Bovine Growth Hormone in milk ht BarbeyGirl
I have just posted a presentation on my website which lays out the way to get in shape after a long hiatus – enjoy!
I have recently read through a discussion on Mark Sisson’s site, where one guy (Chima) said:
If you are in the weight room more than 20 minutes a week then your routine is not as effective as it could be. Chances are, you will end up hurting yourself.
There was an interesting discussion after this (just search for “chima” on the page) and this got me thinking whether or not it is indeed true that 20min of strength training PER WEEK is enough or not – I certainly spend much more time than this. In fact – in 20 minutes I barely finish my 5×5 back squats. On the other hand, Chima’s statement seemed genuine, and it seemed to work for him. Continue reading